According to the MET Office, rainfall accumulation in the 24 hour period ending at 2:00 pm today was 34.2 mm at Hewanorra International and 32.8 mm at the George F.L. Charles Airport. As at 9:30 pm today, November 10, 2018, the following reports have been received:
November 10, 2018:
- Rising water level in various river basins. In particular, NEMO is capable of monitoring (virtually) the Alba bridge and at 10:34 pm on 10.11. 2018, the water level was recorded at 3.71 m.
- Dennery North: The Ti Gadettte - Denierre Riviere Link bridge is submerged. A section of the La Ressource Road is also flooded.
- Dennery South: The Trou-Allou Bridge and St. Peters Lane as well as Church Street are flooded.
- Bexon: Area by the Bexon Gas Station is flooded.
- Flooding in Malgretoute (Micoud)
- Fallen trees have also been reported in the Barre De'Isle area.
November 09, 2018:
- A vehicle was washed away by flood waters in the Mahaut/Volet area last night ( Friday, November 09, 2018)
- Overflow of the Volet River rendering the main road impassable for a few hours on Friday night (November 09, 2018).
The MET Office has indicated that the island will continue to receive rain of varying intensity throughout the weekend and consequently everyone is encouraged to remain alert and to monitor the weather. In particular, persons in landslide and flood prone areas as well as motorists are asked to be extremely cautious.