During Peaceful Times
The NEMO HQ is located at Bisee and is available for discussion on donations.
You may contact the Inventories Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or tel: 758-452-3802 or fax: 758-453-2152
During Crisis Times
Once there is a call by the Government that donations are being accepted
- Check what is needed - there is usually a Needs List. Don't assume that what you want to donate is actually needed. Be considerate, if you are donating clothes to victims they/we don't want items that you would not use yourself. Your trash belongs in the bin. If is food - check the expiry date.
- Box your donations to maximum weight of 40lbs. Have consideration for the people who must carry your box. You can pack as many boxes as you wish.
- Mark "NEMO" in large letters on your box(es)
- Take your donations to the nearest Post Office - there is no charge and so you can donate as much as you wish and you don't have to travel to Bisee to donate.
- The Post Office will bring the donation to NEMO.
There are some items no matter what happens, that victims can always use:
- Sanitary pads/tampons
- Soap powder/Detergent
- Teddy Bears
Apart from that -- wait for the Needs List.
Don't assume what is needed.
Believe it or not, clothes and water are not always needed.
We thank you for your donation.